Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Watercolour Sketchbook




Yo! Here are a few pages from a watercolour sketchbook I've been working on to practice the medium as well as to hone my hand-rendered typography skills. These pages are near the end, and throughout the book I've been placing bits of advice and inspiration to keep me going - for example the sketch at the top is a loose (and out of proportion) sketch of Gary Busey with one of his quotes from his guest appearances on Entourage - "Art is only research, it is not the final form." Classic. The second one is a bit reminding me not to be too hard on myself, and the third is just a sketch for a forthcoming piece - the barbershop has been a great place for advice in my community and I'm sure in many others. I've been busy, so many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. the colours in the first piece are tasty dude. watercolour's the shit I'm glad you're getting into it. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete